Friday, March 30, 2012

Hatteras area accommodations suggestions ?

Hello,

My husband, son (who will be 1 year this summer) and I are planning a trip the OBX this summer. Hopefully over July 4th week. I know this is going to be a busy time. I%26#39;m looking for recommendations on places to stay. We would prefer a condo or home. Doesn%26#39;t have to be right on the beach. Someplace nice, clean and price for the week is not too expensive. We are looking for a 2 bedroom. Possibly my parent%26#39;s may come. We would like to stay around $1000 for the week if possible.

A couple of things

1) Walking distance to beach

2) A good beach

3) An area that will not be too crowded/busy but still may have a couple of local restaurants in the area or driving distance.

We are thinking of Hattaras or close areas but any other ideas would help.

Any recommendations would help.

Hatteras area accommodations suggestions ?

Hi. We have been coming to the OBX for 4 years now. My sons are now 7 and 10. It is a GREAT place to vacation. We stay in kill devil hills. My husband and oldest like to spend alot of time fishing. We had a 2 bedroom condo oceanfront with pool last year for 1100 in kill devil hills. We prefer the kill devil, kitty hawk and nags head area. I am not as fond of the nags head area because of the large dunes. I like to walk right out of my home onto the beach. Hattaras is a little far out of the way for my taste but you may love it. We do NOT like Virginia or myrtle beach because of the crowds and it is too commercialized. You wont see anything like that no matter where you stay at OBX. Of course, your one year old will have fun in the sand. It won%26#39;t take much to amuse him. :o) you could always get a small pool for the baby to play in the shade for a while. We have rented from Stan White realty, Sun realty and kitty dunes realty. We never had any problems with any. Here is a great site to go on www.visitob.com You will find a list of numerous rental agencies, places to eat and things to do. Check it out. Have a great trip.

Hatteras area accommodations suggestions ?

Hatteras Island is the right choice. I wouldn%26#39;t stay in Hatteras village though. Avon has the most options as far as housing, shopping and dining. I like the Buxton/Frisco area. It is more of how I remember the OBX to be. There are 3 or 4 real good places to eat in that area or within a 15 minute drive. The houses are less expensive and its only 15 minutes or so back into Avon for your groceries.

Call Hatteras Realty and they can take care of a house for you.

We like to go in early June. The weather is usually really nice and the rates are low. Last year we stayed in Buxton at the Lightkeepers Inn. Nice 4 bedroom house that is the 2nd house from the ocean (a 15 second walk to the sand) and it was only $850 or so for the week.


Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions. I will look into it. I%26#39;m so excited to go !! We have been to Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head and want to try something new this year.

All your suggestions and input are appreciated.

-Tracy

  • fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment