Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weather

My family %26amp; I are trying to plan a trip to the Outer Banks %26amp; have never been before. We are looking at the end of May beginning of June, but are concerned about the weather. Is it warm enough to go to the beach %26amp; swim? It%26#39;s always nice to be a little hot to go to the beach. Any info on this area would be greatly appreciated.

Weather

May and June are beautiful months for OBX. We go every Memorial Day to Ocracoke.

The weather will be warm during the day 70%26#39;s to 80%26#39;s or higher,but the water temp will still be chilly. Being from this area, my son will go in the water, but may wear a shorty wet suit. Just depends on your tolerance.

Evenings will be pleasantly cooler, may need a light jacket.

The crowds are slightly lighter at that time of ear because some area schools are still in session.

What part are you considering?

Weather

I live about 2 hours south of OBX (Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, Manteo area) and about 45 min. from SOBX (Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle area) and I love going to the beach that time of year. The beach traffic hasn%26#39;t gotten real bad yet, typically the weather is nice, and the beach isn%26#39;t crowded.

As far as the water, I agree with the poster above, it depends on your tolerance. My husband is hot natured and has gone swimming on a hot days in April/May, without a wet suit. Whereas I am a wimp and will only go in up to my ankles.


We are looking at a beach home in Rodanthe (I think that%26#39;s how it%26#39;s spelled)


Yes Rodanthe is correct. You will have much less traffic there than in the Kitty Hawk, Nags Head area.

Rodanthe is very nice and relaxing, a good central location you easily drive up North to the Nag%26#39;s Head area or further South to Avon.

Anywhere you stay, make sure you are educated on Rip Currents, especially if you have kids.

Even for experienced swimmers, it can be dangerous.

Here is a link to info:

http://www.ripcurrents.noaa.gov/

I have been caught in one myself and have helped a boy out of one-not at all scary if you know what to do.

  • bowel cleansing
  • transfer file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment