Friday, April 13, 2012

Best airport to use to access outer banks

I%26#39;m in the early stages of planning a family vacation to Outer Banks. We would like to fly into North Carolina and rent a car. Is Charlotte the best bet for us? I appreciate any words of wisdom!





Best airport to use to access outer banks


Hi, I think the closest airport is Norfolk, Va. My friends flew last year and this is where they had to land. They rented a van from there and drove over to the banks. We drove but they flew. You can either get one of the private planes to fly you to OBX from norfolk, you can rent a limo, a shuttle or rent a car/van for the week. I think they got a car trough enterprise. Please call either the Kill Devil Hills


(252) 480-1838



Or you could contact outerbanks visitors bureau to find out all the details. Hope this helps.



Best airport to use to access outer banks


Thank you. This does make sense. Of course I spent my morning looking for airfares to Charlotte (and got some great rates), but I%26#39;ll look at Norfolk now. I was planning on renting at the ariport...



Thanks again!




Some have foregone the Newport to OBX traffic for arriving at the Greenville, NC airport. The New Bern airport is another alternative. All depends on what rates you can get.



Now remember skybus.com as well. They don%26#39;t seem to have their schedules up for summer yet...at least not the last time I checked. But there is the potential of those $10 one way rates and the potential of their arriving in Charlotte and/or Greensboro. But, if that shedule isn%26#39;t up by the time you are prepared to book, you might want to go another way to be sure you get your preferred transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment