Friday, April 13, 2012

Idle time between wedding ceremony and reception?

HEY Everyone! I actually live in Charlotte and I am experiencing a bit of a dilemma. We are going to have our reception at Belk Chapel in Myers Park. We have a larger than normal gap inbetween that and our reception at Maggiano%26#39;s southpark. We really don%26#39;t want to inconvenience our guests;





the ceremony is @ 1:30 and i figure at the latest, people will be there until 2:30; the reception does not start in the southpark area until 4pm.





I was thinking a tour of charlotte, but the trolley company I was thinking of is currently rennovating some of their trolleys and are not offering the tours.





What kind of optional activity in the area could we offer for our guests to last about an hour or so!?!?





I%26#39;m starting to get stressed about this... the wedding is in May, so the weather SHOULD be good.





Thanks in advance for any suggestions! I truly appreciate it.



Idle time between wedding ceremony and reception?


I wish I could offer a good suggestion for you, but for the sake of your guests, the best advice I can offer is to move your wedding time later. Even if you have to change locations. I would be very distressed to be invited to a wedding that would take up a good 5 - 7 hours of the day. I know that this isn%26#39;t the advice you asked for, but if you really care about your guests enjoying your special day with you be kind to them and let them out of those uncomfortable clothes in less than 4 hrs.



Idle time between wedding ceremony and reception?


I agree that the lag time is too much. But, it would probably be easier to move the reception location than the wedding time. There are more possibilities for that. I do think your reception attendance will drop dramatically if you don%26#39;t move them closer together.If you are determined to stick to it - check with Queen City Tours about a coach tour.




Unfortunately, at this point there is NO way to change the time or the location of the ceremony. Invitations are done (and therefore cannot be changed), and to be honest-everyone is close family and friends. Almost everyone is from out of town.





We are actually thinking at this point to offer a hospitality suite for people to hang out for 45 minutes or so near the ceremony or reception venue;



It can be an option for people who have nothing to do inbetween that time.





Keep any suggestions coming... I do appreciate it! Thanks for the tour idea... we were thinking of doing that, but i couldn%26#39;t find any place that did those kind. Thanks!




I don%26#39;t think the gap is a terrible thing, especially if your guests are staying near SouthPark, that way they could go back to their rooms and freshen up a bit. I%26#39;m trying to think of things to do in that area, and blanking a bit. Could you rent some space at Quail Hollow or Myers Park have a little mini-reception for an hour?





Good luck!


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment