Sunday, April 22, 2012

Omaha steak or Ruth Chris can't decide need help

my husband and i are trying to deceide where to have dinner for our anniversary we tried sullivans last year and loved it . We are open to any suggestions of any restuarants but are leaning toward Ruth Chris or Omaha steak please help.

Omaha steak or Ruth Chris can't decide need help

I have never been to the Ohama Steak House here in Charlotte but it has been reviewed by the Charlotte Observer...lets say the review was not kind in the least. Actually it was one of the worst reviews I can remember Helen Schwab giving.

Ruth%26#39;s Chris is great. I personally like McIntosh%26#39;s on South Blvd for the best steak in town.

Omaha steak or Ruth Chris can't decide need help

I went to Omaha several years ago when it first opened - not impressed. Ruth%26#39;s Chris has mixed reviews on TA. I%26#39;ve eaten at the one in Raleigh - mediocre for the price. I prefer Capital Grille if I%26#39;m going to spend that kind of money - never been disappointed there. Best wishes.


Have never had a bad meal at Ruth%26#39;s Chris. For a great steak and other options, make the drive up to Huntersville...Mickey %26amp; Mooch%26#39;s.


Chishcher, you%26#39;re in luck. There%26#39;s something in the Observer today discussing 10 steak restaurants:

www.charlotte.com/439/story/391092.html

I%26#39;ve been to all but 4 (Beef and Bottle, Gallery, Palm, and Del Frisco%26#39;s). I actually don%26#39;t eat beef at all (*gasp!*), but have enjoyed seafood selections and desserts at all. The article will give you a feel for some of the differences, but though I have not been to Omaha Steak, I would say that you should have a good experience at Ruth%26#39;s Chris. I%26#39;ve been to the SouthPark location about 6-7 times since they opened and I willl admit that there have been a couple of misses. One in particular was overcooked steak on Father%26#39;s Day--not one time, but TWO--and it was my dad%26#39;s steak. :( Pretty bad for a steak house of this calibre. Anyway, when things have not been right, they work hard to fix the issue. I would not hesitate to recommend them based on this as the service has always been really god.

As a non-steak eater, I tend to go for Ruth%26#39;s or Capital Grille, but I%26#39;ll let the steak eaters out there comment on where they like to eat a great steak.

Enjoy!


I%26#39;m a big fan of Ruth%26#39;s Chris in general, but would not recommend the uptown location for anniversary dinner. My wife and I had our first dinner there for our anniversary recently. The food was excellent as always, while the service was adequate. The primary negative is that unlike other RC locations I%26#39;ve been visited, the tables are too close together, especially those for 2 people. You can%26#39;t help but overhear your neighbor%26#39;s conversations. Personally, I would recommend McIntosh%26#39;s on South Blvd. as an alternative. Food, service, and atmosphere have all been top-notch each time we%26#39;ve gone there.

  • parameter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment