Monday, April 16, 2012

Best time to visit the Blue Ridge Parkway?

I am sure this has been answered before, but I am planning to take my seventy-five year old mother to see the autumn color change along the Blue Ridge Parkway. When would be the best time to do this? Your help would be greatly appreciated!





Thank you very much for your time. I am looking forward to hearing from you.





Mac Maroon



http://www.macmaroon.com/



Best time to visit the Blue Ridge Parkway?


there is no telling when the best time would be. Colors usually start to change in early October and can last well into November. So much depends on rainfall, wind and cold nights.



Best time to visit the Blue Ridge Parkway?


Very tough question. The parkway has so many different elevations so the color varies in time. To put a date on it is all most impossible. The last few years I would say October 25th would be about as close to the best date.




You know, the Parkway is beautiful any time of year to me. Fall is nice - but I once drove through Massachusetts one fall and I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ve ever seen anything to top that color! Vermont and New York are also top notch. I grew up in North Carolina and I love the fall, but there are so many wonderful places to see the leaves. If you come down and it%26#39;s not peak time, you%26#39;ll still love the Parkway scenery. Don%26#39;t sweat it - come when it%26#39;s convenient and enjoy! Best wishes.




One more vote for come when it%26#39;s convenient and enjoy. However, right now most of the parkway in NC is closed

No comments:

Post a Comment