Sunday, April 22, 2012

Where to eat in Boone/Blowing rock

Where is one place that is a ';must eat there'; in Boone?

Where to eat in Boone/Blowing rock

Many people will say Daniel Boone Inn. It%26#39;s good... and I like The Peddler Steakhouse. Best wishes.

Where to eat in Boone/Blowing rock

Granted, this place was in Blowing Rock, but Storie Street Grille was awesome when we were there a few weeks ago.


Breakfast:

Boone Bagelry - Boone

Speckled Trout Cafe - Blowing Rock

Lunch:

Macados - Boone

Coyote Kitchen - Boone

Woodlands - Blowing Rock

Dinner:

Mellow Mushroom - Boone

Bistro Roca - Blowing Rock

Sixpence - Blowing Rock

Twigs - Blowing Rock

These are just SOME of my faves. Enjoy!


We just went to Boone this weekend and ate at The Ham Shoppe. It is at the intersection of 105 and Broadstone Road in Valle Cruis. They had awesome sandwiches. And they did not skimp on the toppings at all. We ordered a ham sandwich for my son and it was so thick with meat, he couldn%26#39;t open his little mouth wide enough to bite it. There are no tables so we had to eat outside in the car, but that was the only complaint I had about it. I wish I could drive back up there now to get a sandwich.


Twigs is one of my favorites. It has had consistantly good food for a long time


I agree with gnodule and plan to try some of his favs.

Boone Bagelry - great bagelicious (ham,egg, bacon, cheese) and home fries. Also great to take along for a picnic on Globe Road.

Woodlands - good bbq and chicken and ribs. Another great thing is bbq sandwitch to go on the BRP (Blue ridge parkway).

Mellow Mushroom - great white pizza.

When we go we take a cooler with drinks and sandwitch stuff because alot of times the roads take us away from restaurants.

Daniel Boone Inn is good food but there is always a wait and I dont want to waste my precious mountain time. Go hungry if you go and save your ham biscuits for a later snack.

I am ready to go...


Definitely go to the Ham Shoppe. They had a few picnic tables outside when we were there. Very delicious ~ so good we went back a second time during our short stay in Blowing Rock.


MountainMoon:

Ahem... I%26#39;m a she. ;)

I have many childhood memories of picnics on the BRP and Globe Road. Great ideas!


OOps. Sorry.

bye the way, did you know at this moment it is snowing on Beech Mtn. SNOW....yipee.

Check out webcams:

highcountrywebcams.com/webcameras_BeechSlope…

  • transfer file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment