Monday, April 16, 2012

Skybus?

Has anyone dared take advantage of the super-crazy low fares Skybus is offering out of Greensboro? I bit the bullet this AM and booked a RT flight from Greensboro to Punta Gorda (near Ft. Myers) for $50 total roundtrip. A steal! I%26#39;m not looking forward to having to drive two hours to the airport there and back (Charlotte to Greensboro) but is well worth the price.





Just wondering if anyone else had seen these fares and was going to book a flight? Mixed reviews on Trip Advisor on the airline, however I%26#39;m not checking a bag, that seems to be a lot of the headache.





Take care!



Skybus?


I understand at some point they%26#39;re leaving from Charlotte, too.



Where are you leaving your car in Greensboro? Is it a super early flight? If so where would you spend the night?



I%26#39;m looking forward to their opening up in Richmond too.



I hear as long as you%26#39;re patient they get you there with no problems. I do hear one shouldn%26#39;t book one flight quickly after another in case the first leg is late.



Skybus?


Been to their site a few times - never been able to get one of the super low fares when I could travel- they were always sold out.




We are taking a later flight (7:30pm) to avoid having to wake up crazy early. I went to the Greensboro Airport page, they have a garage similar to Charlotte ($7/day) and then some remote lots for $5. I might look at hotels in the area just in case something gets totally screwed up with the flight. Worse comes to worse, we lose $100, since our hotels and rental can all be canceled without penalty.





Haven%26#39;t seen any $10 fares out of Greensboro, however there were still a ton of $20 fares to FL available when I bought mine earlier this week.





Any idea when we should leave to get to the airport in good time for a 7:30pm flight? Live off Johnston and 485 in South Charlotte. Thanks much!




I%26#39;ll tell you, if that was me, I%26#39;d leave pretty early in the afternoon - go on to G%26#39;Boro and have dinner and arrive at the airport no later than 6:00. You never know what traffic mess you%26#39;ll run into along the way. I like the time buffer!


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment