Friday, April 13, 2012

Need Hotel Near NC State 1 Night with family

We will be in town to visit NC State and UNC. I am looking for a hotel near NC State. I don%26#39;t need anything fancy, but it needs to be safe, clean and well maintained or else my wife will kill me. I%26#39;ve always used TA for my Vegas trips so I am hoping the Raleigh board is just as helpful.

Need Hotel Near NC State 1 Night with family

Closest hotel to the NCSU campus is definitely the Holiday Inn Brownstone, corner of Hillsborough Street and Cox Ave. It%26#39;s even in walking distance of the main campus. Not really a ';fancy'; place, but certainly clean and well-maintained from what I%26#39;ve seen.

May need to make your reservation early if you%26#39;re going any time near graduation, campus move-in, big games, etc. So just keep that in mind.

Need Hotel Near NC State 1 Night with family

I%26#39;m not sure if you are renting a car since you hope to visit both NCSU and UNC, but another option is the Embassy Suites or Marriot on Creedmore Road across from Crabtree Valley Mall. Both are close to the Raleigh Beltline which gives quick access to the NCSU campus area and I-40 which you will need to take to get to Chapel Hill where UNC is.


We are renting a car. For now I have booked the Marriott Fairfield Inn at Crabtree. Cost was $131 with tax. I still have plenty of time to change if something else comes along.


The nicest hotel around Crabtree is Homewood Suites. Just a great hotel, with two rooms and three double beds (or one king, one double), kitchenette, happy hour/dinner on weeknights, breakfast, etc. Check and see if you can get a comparable price as what yuo have now and it will be worth the switch. We have stayed at the Homewood many times and always been pleased. It is also walking distance from the mall and a decent restaurant next door.

Closest to NCSU are the Holiday Inn and the Clarion downtown. they are fine too, but not as nice as the Homewood


I don%26#39;t know that I would advise staying in the Crabtree area because it is always congested traffic-wise

Personally I avoid that area like the plague.

You might be better off getting one of the many hotels that surround the airport or even the Sheraton Imperial Hotel that while it is listed as being in Durham is right off of I-40, west of the airport.

That would put you roughly halfway in between the two universities. The drive to/from Chapel Hill all the way out to Crabtree might be a little much at the end of the day

And you might save money staying near the airport.


Hello EMess,

Not sure if you are driving or flying.

At any rate, since you are visiting both UNC and NCSU, you may consider staying near 1-40 which would make your access to both schools very easy.

If flying, there is a Hilton Garden Inn just south of the airport on Airport Road - easy access to I-40 for UNC/Chapel Hill as well as a quick shot into Raleigh for NCSU.

Another good near-the-highway option is Embassy Suites at Harrison Avenue. It%26#39;s near a mix of some businesses and a small strip area with restaurants, Starbucks, Ice Cream, Ruth Chris, etc. This would be easier to access if driving.

I personally would avoid the Crabtree area -- while it%26#39;s a nice area, the traffic will be murder and the streets can be confusing.

The Homewood near downtown that someone else mentioned is OK, I guess, but IMHO, it borders on sections of the downtown area that are not quite as nice --


Sorry, EMess. I just saw my post and realized that I gave an incorrect address...

The Hilton Garden Inn is off Aviation Parkway (not airport)

Also....the hotel near downtown that I felt was on the fringes of not-so-nice areas was the Holiday Inn..

Good luck... I%26#39;ll check back later to see if you need more info!!


im coming down to raleigh for the ncaa tournament in march...what hotel is closest? im looking at ramada inn blue ridge, as well as comfort inn suites raleigh. which is closest/cheapest/best overall?

  • hair straightener
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment