Sunday, April 22, 2012

need advice on frisco-brigands bay?

fishin: thanks for the feedback.





Unfortunately I have to book our rental home for this summer ASAP because they get booked fast!





Last summer we stayed in a canalfront home in askins creek, Avon. We loved the location-close to canadian hole and beach .But the water was very shallow definitely to shallow for a boat or even a kayak at times!





Should we stay in brigand%26#39;s bay Frisco (the house has a boat dock and i believe its deeper water) I%26#39;m not sure the driving time to the beach?



Or should I stick with using the public boat ramps?



need advice on frisco-brigands bay?


brigand%26#39;s bay is very nece area although I have never staid in there I have looked into it I think it would be a good choice I beleave there is a channel there to got you out in the sound but I would check with the Realtor to see if it%26#39;s kept dredged enough for your boat , at the house you rent .



need advice on frisco-brigands bay?


fish oinc:



Do you know where and how far the closest beach is from brigand%26#39;s bay?







By the way I checked out your website very nice! Mike and I love ocracoke. We take 3/4 trips to the island! Last time we brought our bikes and rode through town then spent the rest of the day swimming in the clear warm water!! we love howard%26#39;s they have excellent seafood. I would love to stay in Ocracoke but the rentals of homes are more expensive and threres no pharmacy and the medical center only has certain hrs. Not good for a diabetic. Last time we went for the day, I ran out of test strips for my glucose meter(I had extra, but at our rental in Avon) so I thought I could just buy some, but there was no place to buy them!! And the medical place was closed. We ended up driving around and found an EMT that was on break, thank god he had a meter in the rig.But I sure learned my lesson- always come prepared!! WE wasted about 2 hrs of our day!!




there are several beaches close by between Frisco and Hatteras about 5 miles village there is a nice one with showers or go the other way to the light house also about 5 miles and you will find another also there is a nice one just north of Buxton on the sound side also with showers, called the Haul over area (AKA Canadian Hole)

No comments:

Post a Comment