Friday, April 13, 2012

What are your favorite hikes along/near Blue Ridge Pkwy

In April or May I hope to drive the BRP. I%26#39;ll certainly enjoy the drive and scenic overlooks but would also like to hike. I have a list of all NC BRP hikes by milepost %26amp; very brief description but would like to know if anyone has a favorite hike along or near the parkway (don%26#39;t mind getting off for a great hike). I might be alone so don%26#39;t want to venture into a dangerous area but I am used to and prepared for hiking alone. Moderate to slightly strenuous is OK, 1-4 hrs, I like water (views, streams, waterfalls, etc) and any other interesting views. I%26#39;ve read %26amp; saved some previous posts that were quite helpful. Your suggestions are appreciated.

What are your favorite hikes along/near Blue Ridge Pkwy

I think your best waterfall hikes are off the parkway in Transylvania County - Highway 64 and environs. You can pick up a great hiking map at area visitor%26#39;s centers in Henderson and Transylvania counties. The Pisgah National Forest area near Brevard is my favorite hiking spot in the whole state. Don%26#39;t let the recent news of the couple murdered there scare you off. As unfortunate as that was, it was an abberation - a crazy man who could have struck anywhere. Of course, it%26#39;s always good to use precautions, but I think Pisgah is as safe as anywhere else.Visit The Cradle of Forestry.

Best wishes.

What are your favorite hikes along/near Blue Ridge Pkwy

Bud41, Thanks for the info. I%26#39;ve been to the Mt Pisgah Inn but did not have a chance to hike much. I%26#39;ll check out Brevard and others places you mentioned. I heard about the hikers killed, very sad, and as you said most unusual. Appreciate your response, just what I was hoping for.


I bought a book that is great for hiking to waterfalls in North Carolina mountains. Gives you how long trail is and how difficult. All most 600 pages of info. Given me many enjoyable minutes reading. Here is a link to buy at Amazon.com.

amazon.com/North-Carolina-Waterfalls-Hiking-鈥?/a>


Thanks lee, I%26#39;ll check out the book on Amazon.

And sincere thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

  • write c program
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment