Monday, April 16, 2012

will be 1st time in NC

Hello. My boyfriend and I are planning to goto NC%26#39;s outer banks for Vacation this June. We are rather a young couple ( 24yrs and 31yrs). I am having a hard time finding water activities we would like to do ( jet skies, kayaking, fishing). I am assuming there are jet ski/kayak rentals everywhere on the coast along with fishing......? Also, are they local bars?



will be 1st time in NC


You are right, there are water sport rentals a plenty in the Outer Banks you can get a bit more info here outerbanks.org/activities/water_activities/





You can surf fish, fish from the piers, or go out on a headboat or charter too. You can usually rent gear from the pier, or it%26#39;s part of the $cost of the headboat or charter. But if you want to surf fish, I%26#39;d recommend bringing your own gear down w/ you.





As for bars, my husband %26amp; I (both of us age 28) went to the Lucky 12 on Beach Rd. a couple of nights. They have at least one pool table and one foosball table. Bar on one side of the building w/ a small, sit down, restaurant on the other. Nice place we plan to go back to when we%26#39;re down again in June. We also went to Totugas Lie (restaurant frequented by locals) the place has good food %26amp; good selection of beers (see menu here tortugaslie.com) but the place is pretty small.





I%26#39;m positive you and your boyfriend will find plenty to do and places to quench your thirst afterwards. I%26#39;m sure other posters will have suggestions also.



will be 1st time in NC


I agree with the poster above you will find plenty to do. You will find plenty of places that rent jet skis or kayaks. OBX is a great place to surf fish, just be aware NC has changed laws and you must purchase a fishing license. However you can purchase a 10 day pass for something like $5-10. Most bait shops sell them, and offer great advice on fishing spots!



As far as the bar scene my husband and I have enjoyed Port O Call, Kelly%26#39;s, and OBX Brewery. Oh yea for some reason we always end up at Hooters too.



OBX is great, with lots to do! Have a great trip!


  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment