Monday, April 16, 2012

Highland Creek

We are relocating from Connecticut, and made a scouting trip last May. We were very impressed by the Highland Creek subdivision, and are considering building there.





Anything we should know that I might not already? The lot we are considering is actually in Cabarrus county, and part of the reason Highland Creek is desirable is because I%26#39;ll be working at the large Wachovia building in the University area...





Highland Creek


One of our local radio personalities lives there and raves about it. But, get ready for some hefty traffic! Best wishes.



Highland Creek


Yes, it%26#39;s a very nice subdivision with lots of great ammenities, but as Bud stated the traffic out that way is awful! The roads all around the University area stay backed up all the time. So, if you don%26#39;t mind driving in heavy traffic throughout the area all of the time, (not just rush hour) I%26#39;d say go for it!



(P.S. My husband loves the golf course there.)



Best Wishes!




I have lived in Highland Creek for the past 8+ years. While traffic has been a problem in the past, the widening of Prosperity Church Road and I85 south from Speedway Blvd have helped enourmously. There are still a growing number of cars, but the roads are now extremely tolerable.



We move from NJ and the traffic here cannot even come close to that in the densly populated northeast US.



We too have built in the Cabarrus County section of HC (our second home in the community) for better schools and cheaper taxes.



Good luck.




Traffic shouldn%26#39;t be TOO bad, as my office is only 6 miles away from the lot we will build on. Might be a little worse for my wife, who will have to find a job once we get there..





I%26#39;m not much of a golfer, but I enjoy it. Maybe I%26#39;ll get a little better once I%26#39;m down there...




We are also considering moving to that subdivision. How far would it be to the Southpark area?


Thanks!




I would say 30 mins to Southpark, depending on the time of day.




Thanks, I would be sad if I were far away from good shopping!




I lived in Highland Creek for the past six years and worked in downtown Charlotte. The traffic is not bad at all. You have a choice of going I-85S or I-77S depending on if there is an accident. It took me 30 minutes to get to work. The only time I would say the traffic is intolerable is during the race weekend on Concord Mills Speedway. But like I said, you have numerous ways to get where you want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment