Sunday, April 22, 2012

Swimming In Sound or Silver Lake

What is the water/bottom quality like for swimming in the sound or Silver Lake? Lots of weeds/gunky bottom, or is it good? Are there recommended places for swimming? I intend to go to the Atlantic side, but maybe that will be too rough to swim. Advice?



Thanks.



Swimming In Sound or Silver Lake


Never saw any one swim in silver lake but across from the slushy stand where they launch the kayaks there is a nice place to get wet I look for bait there all the time, but if you fallow that same road back towards the light house before you get to the old fish house there is a trail that leads back to the sound and parking enough for a few cars, I was once posted but I haven鈥檛 see any No trespassing signs in years there and I do see lots of people going back there also a good place to find bait , although there is a lot of grass and coral back in there so you need to watch your step , AKA Teaches Hole



Swimming In Sound or Silver Lake


I did see someone swim one time, but there is a lot of activity in the Lake, kayaks, sailboats, fishing boats, not to mention that big ferry.





I would concur with Fish Oinc to go over by Teach%26#39;s Hole or Springer%26#39;s Point to swim. Also, when you go to the beach, if you drive all the way to the right towards the ';Point';, and then to the right once you reach the Point, you can swim in the sound with out the waves. Be careful of currents and know the tides.




Thanks for the advice. I have a healthy respect for tides and waves, although I don%26#39;t know much about them.........shall have to educate myself once I am there. Perhaps I will just be on the edge of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment