Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Birthday Dilemma

I%26#39;ve lived in Raleigh all my life, but am having trouble thinking of a restaurant to accomidate between 25-35 people for my birthday. Any ideas/suggestions? Also, has anyone done anything for their birthday around this area that was unique or just different? ANY suggestions would be much appreciated....I%26#39;m working with the date of January 22, so it%26#39;s approaching quickly.





Thanks!



Birthday Dilemma


Doesn%26#39;t Luna have a separate room/dining area? Last time we were there for lunch we saw a very large group exiting together from a side area. Though may have been just a large table.



Birthday Dilemma


Riviera has a cool room downstairs (think brick walled cellar, something like Angus Barn%26#39;s but WAY less snooty) that they use for dinners or gatherings. I think they could easily accomdate 25 -30. Are you looking for a sit down preplanned or just a place where ya%26#39;ll can all order off the menu and be together in one room? I would call Riviera and see what the restrictions, if any, are for using the room.





I also know that the Globe, which I think is really good, also has a separate ';library'; type room where they can seat a group, although I don%26#39;t know how big it is.





Both of these places are good choices cause they put you in a good area to walk out the door and go somewhere else later if you want.




Yeah, Globe would be great if their room can hold enough people for you. And Riviera and Luna are both real good too.



Also, another option is Bogarts...I know their private party rooms can hold a pretty large group.



Finally, try Porter%26#39;s Tavern...a few months ago they expanded into another slot which is used for parties as well.




Here%26#39;s ';just different';...Frankie%26#39;s on TW Alexander has a nice restaurant and a private dining room. I have eaten there and they had a full bar and good food (not Luna, but they had things like Mesclun salad-definitely better than many chains). You can play laser tag, bowl, and play in the arcade just like kids and have a decent adult party in that provate room. I don%26#39;t know if they have the putt-putt and go carts going in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment