Wednesday, April 18, 2012

getting married soon

I am hoping some of you Ocean Isle ';veterans%26#39; can help me out. I am getting married down in Ocean Isle at the beginning of October. I am looking for a good place to have the reception. It is only going to be about 15 people, so I was thinking of a private room at a resteraunt that would allow us to have a private dinner, but nothing fancy. Dinner , drinks, cut the cake, drink and have fun. We are not bringing a DJ or any of that jargon...just small and intimate. Any suggestions??? I would appreciate the help! Thanks!



getting married soon


Congratulations! I would try Cinellis if you are having a small group. You could also try the Islander they may have something with a private room. If you want something outside call the Ocean Isle Inn becuase I think that they have wedding packages you may be interested in. I had a friend that got married last fall and we checked their packages. You can pretty much pick and choose what you like, so if you dont want to get married there you can probably still have a reception. As far as i know that is the only two places I can think of unless something has opened up within the past year. The only other eateries would be sharkys and the giggling mackeral, and I dont know that it would be condusive to your reception, ya know? I have also saw people having an engagement party on the beach late in the afternoon and it was really really nice. In October I dont think that crowds would be a problem, like they are ever a problem at Ocean Isle.



getting married soon


Thanks you feds. I appreciate the help. I would agree that the giggling mackeral would not be the type of atmosphere we are looking for. I was hoping for something nice, but not outrageous.





I will check Cinellis and Ocean Isle Inn to see what they have available. I really do appreciate your help!




We were just at Ocean Isle Inn last weekend. (and plan to go back in August for our 10th anniversary) They have added a gazebo by the pool and other improvements. (They have a small conference room that would also work with a caterer) They do have a website just for weddings and seem very willing to work with you.



I would also try the Isles Restuarant, the OIB town%26#39;s website for info on their community center which is on the beach (they could probably recommed caterers) and some of the local golf courses with clubhouse/restuarants.



As for the Giggling Mackerel--depending on how casual your wedding is going to be, I think they could pull off a great ';beach style'; reception--their roof top deck would be fun! (they do close for a while in the off season, though)



Hope this helps---and Congratulations!




I was married on Ocean Isle Beach August 16, 2001.........right on the huge deck of our house surrounded by the entire family and just had our own little party right there. Hope it%26#39;s the start of a beautiful life as mine has been!!




Hi! I read yo;ur post, and I%26#39;m getting married this summer in Ocean Isle as well. We think we%26#39;re going with the Winds resort (the Ocean Isle Inn wouldn%26#39;t return our phone calls or emails!) If you have any advise, I%26#39;d love to hear it! I hope everything went great for your wedding!




I havent heard much about the Winds, not good anyway. Are you wanting to get married on the beach? If you arent I would try some of the golf resorts most of them have wonderful restaurants and would love to have you for a wedding reception. Keep on trying the Ocean Isle Inn, I would suspect if you are calling off season, it may just be that they dont have as many staff on hand. I do know that they have beautiful weddings there.


  • bowel cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment