Friday, March 30, 2012

Charlotte airport advice

Need to get a 4pm plane on a Sunday in September out of Charlotte. Will be coming from Roaring Gap, and headed down I-77. Have made this trip before and always get hung up on I-77. At best, it%26#39;s a two hour trip. At worst, can take so long I miss my plane! Wonder if it is advisable to take I-40 West to Hickory, and the 321 down thru Gastonia. If not, what is an advisable alternative route? Thanks, for any advice/tips/opinions.



Charlotte airport advice


On a Sunday? 77 shouldn%26#39;t be a big problem No- that would be waaayyyy out of the way. And, I can tell you this......I-85 and 321 in Gastonia is malfunction junction! I was backed up at that junction last week - took almost 30 minutes to get from Gaston College onto 85! I-85 in Gaston County is a parking lot these days - I know, I drive it twice daily. Stick with 77 and leave yourself some wiggle room. Best wishes.



Charlotte airport advice


Thanks Bud. Hopefully two hours will be sufficient. Usually fly in/out of GSO, but last minute tix were so much more expensive than CLT. When is Charlotte going to get a handle on the traffic situation? Honestly, anytime I mention Charlotte here in the City the traffic problem is always mentioned.




On Sunday unless you run into a wreck on 77 it should move ok. 1110 am runs traffic reports on the quarter hour even on weekends. If 77 gets crazy you can get off on exit 28 go east one stop light and you are on 21 lower speed limit but takes you to I-85 one exit north of I=77. You can also catch 21 from exits 25 and 23. 21 goes through various towns so the speed limit varies from 35 to 55 but it is reality unknown and usually moves when 77 is stopped. If you are planning to use the long term parking it is best not to take Billy Graham but got down to Little Rock go under the interstate and bear right at the curve then streight accross hwy74 and you will see the parking on the left and right. I have used it before and found it to be a good option. Note for where ever you park. The police do not even bother to come out to take a report in Meck county when a car is stolen or burgled. Leave nothing in your car that will attract attention when parked in Meck anywhere!!!!!! Believe me the thugs know this and so should you.




I%26#39;ve parked at the airport multiple times and never had a problem. I know there were some crimes right before the holidays with this one gang busting into cars, but it looked like they were specifically targeting people who left their windows cracked or had vehicles that could easily be burgled and that was at the mall, not anywhere close to the airport lots.





You always need to be aware of your surroundings, but don%26#39;t want to scare the pi*s out of someone unnecessarily about parking in the gated lots at the airport.




No help but see you on the flight. New Yorkers in Spartanburg,SC for a weekend birthday party. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment