Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Anyone know?

I am heading to Nags Head this weekend and I wanted to find a house that I saw last year that had a fantastic christmas display. I think it was around milepost 12 but I can%26#39;t remember exactly where it is. Anyone know the house I am talking about? There was quite a crowd last year when I saw it. Thanks!





Anyone know?


Unfortunately, no, Cilla12. Perhaps someone else will chime in here that has seen it.



MB



Anyone know?


Kittyhawkkites.com ... that place does some Christmas things with kites after Thanksgiving. They%26#39;re around 12.5.....so maybe they%26#39;d have noticed that house you%26#39;re talking about. Otherwise, google visitor info for the area and give them a call. If it stands out like that for you, it must for others.




I bet the locals at Sam and Omies would know! Or any of the realtors




Great ideas! I had tried searching the newspaper archives for last year but no luck. If it is there again this year, I would just look for the crowds and the lights. The strip of land is pretty narrow so hopefully you%26#39;ll see some signs of it. If not, just ask locally when you get there to see if it%26#39;s decorated again in such spectacular fashion.



Would you let us know if it is decorated again so we can recommend it next year?



Good luck and have a great weekend!




Thanks everybody for the replies. I bet if I ask around when I get there someone will point me in the right direction! I will post the information as to how to find the house when I find out. It really is a fantastic sight to see. I was completely blown away last year when I saw the decorations!



Cilla




Won an award on the Today show last year. Google there. Guys name is Jim Poulos, lives in Ocean Acres. Follow the glow.




Local J probably got it right. The Poulas house is quite a draw and was chosen last year as the best in the county by the Today show. Directions:



Heading south on Hwy. 158 (the bypass or Croatan Hwy) take a right at the traffic light at Ocean Acres Dr. in Kill Devil Hills. Pigmans Barbecue will be on the right. McDonalds will be on the left.



Proceed west on Ocean Acres Dr. about a mile. As you go up a hill the road will change from paved to gravel , keep going. The Poulas display is just over the crest of the hill.





They are already up and running. Stop by just after dark and you will find the owner and his family greeting guests and sometimes even passing out goodies.





It is a remarkable display and well worth the effort. Plan to spend about 30 minutes at least. In part to see all of the display and in part because you will not be the only one there and traffic can get backed up.




I just got back from Nags Head and I made it to the house of Ocean acre. It was spectacular! I definitely recommend anyone who is able to go and check it out. You will not be disappointed! The owners said that their house will be featured on an HGTV special, I believe on December 19th.




Cilla , This is Jim Poulos and I am delighted you were able to find our Home. Just came upon this web page today the 26th of December and really enjoyed your enthusiasm in finding our place. We were delighted to have you as our guest. If anyone else needs directions feel free to give them out. May God Bless you and your family and Have a Happy New Year. With Love, Jim %26amp; Ann Poulos




cilla12,





I hope you know that it is fortunate for the Outer Banks to have a husband and wife as genuine in their christmas spirit. I hope that the fame keeps the family in the competition of keeping the Outer Banks%26#39; in Title Contention for the Best Lit House in America for many years to come. Now all we need to do is get the rest of Ocean Acres to match just a tenth of their spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment