Friday, April 27, 2012

Looking for Great hotel for weekend in WS

I will be visiting Winston Salem for a Allstar cheer competiton in Nov and looking for a nice clean hotel that offers breakfast near LJVM Coliseum or near Hanes Mall. I%26#39;ve read so many horrible reviews on so many hotels in winston salem. Can any of the locasl recommend a good place to stay for a weekend???





Thanks in Advance.



Looking for Great hotel for weekend in WS


My husband I an just visited Winston Salem for two nights last week. We stayed at the Brookstown Inn which is located just south of downtown. Unfortunately, I don%26#39;t know the exact proximity to the Coliseum or the mall, but I don%26#39;t believe the mall is more than a 5-10 minute drive away. Check out all of the reviews on the Brookstown Inn in trip advisor. They are almost all 4 or 5 stars.





We enjoyed the continential breakfast which included fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, breads and patries, hard boiled eggs, and some sort of packaged sausage biscuits which an be heated up in the microwave.





They also offer wine and cheese at 6:00 and cookies and milk in the evening. We were able to enjoy the wine and cheese, but missed the cookies and milk.





I%26#39;m not a local, but I hope this helps.



Looking for Great hotel for weekend in WS


Thanks!!! I will check out the Brookstone Inn.




We stayed here for a weekend. We now live in WS. Cheap and simple, easy to get around. Easy on and off from 52, just north of downtown (less than 2-3 min). Less than 10 min from the mall area. 52 S to 40 W.





Quality Inn Coliseum



531 Akron Drive, Winston Salem, NC 27105





Hotel is simple and cheap. Has good breakfast for free. Outside pool. Nothing really fancy, but a nice place to stay.




Looking for a hotel. attending a wedding w/ reception at the Old Town country club in a couple monts, and would like the closest possible hotel (just in case we end up walking back that night). Also looking for a deal, possibly with AAA or gov%26#39;t/military rates, but I would splurge if it looked worthwhile. Was wondering if perhaps it would be more worth it to stay downtown and go out post-reception to some bars? I%26#39;ve never been to winston salem, and am not sure of the atmosphere on weekends. Thanks!




Unless there is a B%26amp;B I dont know about, there is nothing ';walking distance from that country club';. I would really recommend you find



a hotel downtown, there are some nice pockets of resturants



there.




I like the Fairfield Inn. Nothing fancy but Pool, hot tub, small work out room, nice breakfast, clean, rates are about $79.00. Nearer to Hanes Mall than Wake. Wake is about a 10 minute drive. Good luck




I have stayed at the La Quinta at the corner of Stratford Rd. and Hanes Mall Blvd....its was above-average but not great. Good location, decent service, nothing too fancy and affordable. The reason we stayed is they are pet-friendly. If you want somewhere really nice to stay downtown....I would recommend the Marriott downtown!

No comments:

Post a Comment