Thursday, April 26, 2012

Joey's Pancake House-Anyone?

I was wondering about the places to eat in Maggie Valley? Any good suggestions and has anyone been to Joey%26#39;s?



Joey's Pancake House-Anyone?


Joey%26#39;s is great breakfast! I try to go everytime I%26#39;m in Maggie. I%26#39;m partial to the western omlett, but the pancakes are very good, too. If it%26#39;s holiday weekend, you may have to wait to be seated, but it%26#39;s worth it.





Similar food at the Maggie Valley Restaurant. I like it there, too.





Butts on the Creek has very good BBQ. My son says the ribs are the best he%26#39;s ever had.





Snappy%26#39;s is a popular Italian restaurant. I like Jimmy%26#39;s Townehouse Restaurant for Greek and Italian, but I understand he%26#39;s planning to close.





J. Arthur%26#39;s has great steak %26amp; seafood.





Lot%26#39;s of choices in Maggie. Have fun!



Joey's Pancake House-Anyone?


Joey%26#39;s is only open for breakfast and is not open every day of the week. When my daughter is there she always wants to go there to get the pecan waffles. Good food but there is usually a wait. If you like ribs i think Fat Buddies in Waynesville is the best and Maggies Galley has good fish and sea food.




I haven%26#39;t been to Fat Buddies yet, but I hope to go soon.





Maggie%26#39;s Galley is the best seafood I%26#39;ve founding the mountains. We love the rustic decor, too.




Ok, I have a bed and breakfast. That means I don%26#39;t get to go OUT to breakfast often, but when I do, it%26#39;s to Joey%26#39;s Pancake House. Now, I make a pretty darned good pancake, so that%26#39;s no thrill for me. But their waffles? Oh My Goodness. Best ever. Hmmm, it%26#39;s making me hungry just talking about it. Guess I%26#39;ll have to see if I can sneak out this week for a treat!





Sandee at Timberwolf Creek




Lunch: by all means, go down to Niko%26#39;s and get a Mojo Pork sandwich. You%26#39;ll need extra napkins and a big appetite.





Simple Supper: try the Maggie Valley Family Restaurant right in the middle of town. It%26#39;s yellow with green and white striped awnings and lots of flags - hard to miss. They are seasonal, however, and unless it%26#39;s the middle of summer, it%26#39;s hard to say if they%26#39;ll be open during your trip.





Fried Chicken: nothing beats Granny%26#39;s Chicken. The only thing that takes some getting used to is no potatoes - I mean, there%26#39;s not one potato in the place! Veggies are served family style, in big bowls to each table, and refilled whenever you like. The rice is good, don%26#39;t get me wrong, but something just makes me crazy about friend chicken without potatoes. If they are offering catfish, you will probably see me sitting at the next table. :)





Nice Dinner Out: we are fans of the new Sweet Onion in Waynesville, about ten miles away. Go into town, and when you%26#39;re on Main Street, turn downhill onto Miller and it%26#39;s at the end of the block. Reservations are a must, and call the day before, because they really do fill up fast. Take your wallet - it%26#39;s not inexpensive but ohhhhh so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment