Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nascar Garages

What would be the best town to stay in if we want to spend two days touring Nascar garages? We are coming from the spring race at Bristol in March and are spending that Monday and Tuesday touring garages but wasn%26#39;t sure of the closest town to the bigger and best ones.





Thanks,



Sher



Nascar Garages


Mooresville would be best! Its home to DEI, JR Motorsports, Penske Racing, Braun Racing, Fitz Motorsports, Rusty Wallace, Inc, Roush/Fenway truck and Busch (Nationwide) cars, and soon to be Petty Racing and a lot of other truck/Busch shops.





We stay at the Sleep Inn or Hampton Inn - there are a lot of others. You%26#39;d want something off Exit 36 on I-77.





The other big shops aren%26#39;t too far. Joe Gibbs is in Huntersville, just south on I-77 (exit 28 I believe). Michael Waltrip Race world is in Cornelius, also down I-77. Roush/Fenway, Hendrick Motorsports, Ganassi and soon to be Yates Racing is about 20 minutes away out towards Concord.





I%26#39;ve been down that way many times, let me know if I can be of more help! Its a great trip. Be sure to have dinner at Lancaster%26#39;s in Mooresville one day - its a neat NASCAR themed bbq joint that has amazing hush puppies! We%26#39;ve also seen drivers and crew members in there each time we%26#39;ve ate there.



Nascar Garages


To micountrygal%26gt;



It sounds like you have done the kind of thing that we are going to do on spring break. I will be wanting more and more info the closer to time as we really don%26#39;t know much about this is why I am doing as much advanced research as possible.





Thanks so much,



Sher

No comments:

Post a Comment