Thursday, April 26, 2012

Let's see if I can get a response....

I lived in Concord, on Wiletta Dr, for about a year working in the racing industry. My wife of a year and a half and I have a weeks vacation in Novmber, and she has agreed for us to come down to NC for the week. She%26#39;s never been there. While I lived there I really didn%26#39;t get to do much besides work many hours and occasionally goto a bar with my coworkers. We will have our 5 yr old and 8 month old(at the time of our trip), sons along with us. I know the 5 year old will go nuts when we goto Joe Gibbs racing, and I%26#39;ve also been to Concord Mills and to the big mall in the lower part of Charlotte. So, what I%26#39;m looking for is some advice on what else to do for an entire week. Of course I plan to sepnd some time with old friends, but I will have to balance that with keeping my wife and kids entertained. Any advice on this one? Carowinds will be closed by then, so I can%26#39;t take the family there. I know it isn%26#39;t horribly cold in NC, even in November. So what can ';y%26#39;all'; suggest? Where should we stay, what should we do? I would like to stay somehwere around Speedway Blvd, but I need a decent hotel, with a pool. If all else fails, we can always go swimming! Thanks in advance!!!



Let's see if I can get a response....


You%26#39;ll find lots of hotels on Speedway Blvd but you%26#39;ll need to look for an indoor pool - the outdoor pools will be closed. the new Embassy Suites there is fantastic - full service spa, indoor pool, etc.... You can take the 5 year old downtown in Charlotte to Discovery Place Museum and Imaginon.





Check www,gocarolinas.com when it gets closer to Nov. to see what events are going on in the area at that time.



Let's see if I can get a response....


I dont know if the gem mining places will be open but you can check that out also.What about chimney rock?




Grab an ice cream at the Cabarrus Creamery in downtown Concord (historic district) and take the time to walk up and down Union Street and the connector streets behind North Union....beautiful. Memorial Gardens is just a few blocks from downtown...well worth it. NC Zoo in Asheboro is great and you can rent a stroller for the baby.




Hey Y%26#39;all. Got another question. Where%26#39;s good for breakfast? I don%26#39;t want Bob Evans or the typical chain restaurant. I want the local diner or the decent neighborhood greasy spoon. The kinda place where you can get 2 eggs, toast, home fries, bacon and grits for 4 or 5 bucks. Thanks!!!




Real greasy spoon.....Troutman%26#39;s BBQ on Church Street. R%26amp;R BBQ and Concord Diner are a couple other options.




Are all these places good for breakfast?




Yes.




Alot of folks around here seem to like Troutman%26#39;s...but to be honest it isn%26#39;t very good. Maybe the breakfast is...but the rest isn%26#39;t. Go to the Parkway House for a good meal anytime of day. If you want a Concord/Kannapolis/Mooresville/Mt Pleasant staple...go to What-A-Burger. The best is Mooreville, Church St, and Mt Pleasant.



As far as things to do, the oldest boy might like the train depot up in Spencer (30 minutes from Speedway Blvd to the north). Give them a call to see when they are open. There%26#39;s a bunch of corn maizes in this area this year. The Discovery Place is a place for kids. And of course if you are NASCAR people there are many shops to visit within a 30 minute drive.




Leaving tomorrow!!! Anyone from the area hear about any local places having any Panther%26#39;s player coming for an autograpgh siging next week? I would love to have my son meet a Panthers player while we are there. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment