Tuesday, April 24, 2012

surf or sound - DO NOT rent from them

We just returned from vacation in Outer Banks. This was our second year vacationing there, but the first with Surf or Sound. We elected to stay with this company because of the area and because of there website. Wrong choice, big mistake. The home was beautiful and the location was perfect, but that is where it ends.

We elected to use the pool, and once there we found that the pool temperature was close to 110 degrees. If you put your hand in to test the water, it came out RED. We called them and they came to look at it but nothing was fixed. The temperature continued to rise and we were unable to use the pool, but were made to pay for it anyway.

We also did not have air conditioning on the second floor. There were window units in place, one of which did not work.

Surf or Sound did nothing to make sure we were comfortable, nor did they make any adjustments to our rental price.

We had two additional rentals with our party. Neither of which was happy with the way they were treated. One was unable to use there pool, had a horrible ant problem (requiring exterminator), and mold growing on the bathroom ceilings.

The other renters were in a pet friendly home. This was far beyond pet friendly. The carpets were stained, pet hair covering the master bedroom on the top floor. Once it was called to their attention, they brought in a cleaning crew and threw away the mattress and pillow covers.

The repeated response from Surf or Sound management DANA was that these were ordinary conditions.

I will not rent from them again nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

surf or sound - DO NOT rent from them

Thanks for the info. We rented there last year from Seaside and didn%26#39;t have any of these issue. We opted to stay further south, hence not being able to rent from the same company.

I do realize that these houses are weathered and it is difficult to stay on top of things, but I have never dealt with a company with such poor customer service.

thanks again.

surf or sound - DO NOT rent from them

Surf n Sound rubbed me the wrong way about 10 years ago when TRYING to rent from them...that%26#39;s when I decided there was no chance I would ever use them.

Last year (as well as the past 10 or so years) we rented a house from Hatteras Realty. Unlike prior rentals this one was a non -kid-friendly crap-hole. I went to the main office and expressed my unhappiness. Some folks from Hatteras Realty came out and I pointed out what was wrong and they made things right. The staff went well out of their way to ensure my satisfaction. They gave me the keys to several other homes and a map and told me to go and look and pick one.

They didn%26#39;t ';have'; to do this...but they did. Look at Hatteras Realty the next time you find yourself on Hatteras Island...I assure you that you will be happy with the stay.


Please read ';a pattern emerges'; in tripadvisor about surf or sound. It%26#39;s just horrible how customers have been treated!

I have spoken to Dana, and she is the most unfriendly business person I have ever had to deal with. We will not rent from them again!

Please read ';a pattern emerges'; on trip advisor!!


Yes...read ';Surf or Sound, A Pattern Emerges';. When I began the thread, I was unaware that so many of us have been scammed by Surf or Scam. In reading all of your posts, it made me think of how many hundreds of others who don%26#39;t read TripAdvisor have also been scammed by the ';broken hot tub cover'; or other ruses.

Maybe we should start a support group :)

Dave

  • bird
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment