Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Terrible house full of mold and roaches

We just returned from Ocean Isle NC.......for a house with the price it was terrible. The house was filthy full of mold and was not liveable after 2 days of complaints to Sloane Realty the finally moved us. Our youngest on the trip was 2 and our oldest was 74. We spent the first day trying to clean the house enough to stay in it, the bed spreads on the beds were filthy ( vomit and pubic hairs on them) the smell was horrid the mold apperared on the wall the first night while we were sleepin so be real careful of the pictures you look at on the internet they were really desceving. So one day of our vacation was cleaning and one moving.



Terrible house full of mold and roaches


Can I ask which house you rented? I cannot believe that it was that bad, we usually rent from Sloane or from an owner. I hate that you had such a bad experience. Hopefully the place you were moved to was much better. Why did it take sloane so long to move you? I would have really been a witch about it and demanded I be moved immediately.



I know that the first condo we rented they really hadnt been cleaning every nook and cranny like you would think, but we werent doing anything that night and we dusted and swept, then emailed the owner directly and she gave us that one nights rent back and our security deposit, which was nice.



I hope that other than roaches, mold, and other assorted cooties you had a really good time!



Terrible house full of mold and roaches


What a shame you had a bad experience in such a great place. We used to rent from Sloane realty also....moved to the west side of the isle and use Cooke realty...much better experience. I remember our house from Sloane was not as nice. The East of the Isle needs some updating. Hope you at least enjoyed the rest of the week.




So sorry to hear this. We just returned from Ocean Isle and felt completely ripped off about the hotel we stayed in (The Winds). We love the location of Ocean Isle and probably will stay closer to the Western part next time.





Peace.




I will be visiting ocean isle next summer. Could anyone tell me where to stay oceanfront. The exact house name or condo unit number and name would be great. We to have had bad experiences in the past with privately owned homes and condos. It seems like the owners don%26#39;t keep them updated and clean. If I can%26#39;t find anywhere I guess we will stay at the Ocean Isle Inn hotel. Anyone out there stayed there this summer?






First off, when are you planning on going? Ocean Isle is getting busy during the summer. How much are you willing to pay and what amenities are you wanting? That will help everbody recommend a place. Personally we stay second row, cheaper and we had a great ocean view. Unfortunately my vacation falls right after July4th which means I pay for peak vacation season!



Since my family and inlaws are obsessive compulsive we always do a mini clean when we get to anywhere we stay, I probably have more Lysol and bleach in my system than I do blood!




We are planning to visit july or august 2008. There will be just 3 of us. I want oceanfront with a balcony. One bedroom and a bunk area and just 1 bathroom is fine. All I am looking for is something updated in the past 3 years and clean. Last summer we stayed at Carolina Beach in an oceanfront codo and the carpet was really gross and the whole place was stuck in the 80%26#39;s. I am tired of owners not taking care of their properties but charging a premium to rent for a week. I am willing to pay between $1000-1300 for a 1 bedroom condo, less if I can. I guess that%26#39;s why people are going to Mexico or other countries because we are being ripped off in our country!!!




I would suggest beachrentalsdirect.com-they have condos i think you would like. You dont have to go through a rental agency even though most of them are on the other rental sites, but I like it because you can email the owner directly and get a better idea of what you are paying for. Also you may want to try Ocean Cove, they are one br and are oceanfront. Good luck and have lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment