Thursday, April 26, 2012

Area hotels

Hi: We are travelling from Ontario Canada for the races in May and I am wondering if you can give me an idea of good hotels to stay at.



We are thinking about the Super 8 on Bendix Drive and I am wondering if it is a safe and CLEAN hotel.



Thanks for any info you can give.



Area hotels


Hi noonefan and welcome to the forum! My husband has been going to Salisbury for the past 5 years or so for the century bicycle ride there. He stayed in the Country Inns and Suites for the past few and has been happy there. He says it%26#39;s clean, they have a nice hot tub and indoor pool. Their breakfast buffet is ok and was included.



I do see that Courtyard and Residence Inn have now opened. Unfortunately, I don%26#39;t know anything about the Super 8.



MB



Area hotels


I work alot in Salisbury (so I have no reason to stay at a local hotel), but I believe I would stay away from there. Look at the Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn on Jake Alexander Blvd. Better location and nicer looking hotels




It just so happens that I am at the Super 8 as I write this! The place is new, nice and clean. The (indoor) pool is very small. We stay in Salisbury frequently because we have an old house here that we are trying to work on and make livable. We used to stay at the Days Inn because the rates were so low but their cleaning standards have slipped below an acceptable level.



The Comfort Suites are nicer than the Super 8 so if you don%26#39;t mind spending the extra money I would recommend them too. The Comfort Suites went totally non-smoking last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment